Although the annual United Way Good Neighbor Radio Auction is now past the half-way mark, there is still time to enjoy some great meals and find bargains galore. Each weekday through Friday, Oct. 26, listeners can hear the auction on WRJB- FM 95.9 in Camden from 1-5 p.m. Call 731-468-4306 or 731-468-4294 to bid.
The doors open at the First United Methodist Church on the square at 9 a.m. for anyone wishing to donate items or write in bids before items begin to be auctioned on the air at 1 p.m. The proceeds of all items sold will benefit the United Way and be distributed in Benton County (BC).
For the low cost of $7, lunch is offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day of the auction, with a dessert and drink included. The scheduled lunches and donated items are:
- Thursday, Oct. 18: Camden First Baptist will offer a fully loaded taco bar. Auction items: BC Track & Field, First Bank, First Baptist, Camden Elementary, Eva Methodist, Holladay Church of Christ, WRAP. Auctioneers: Jean Chandler, Joey Cooper, Robert Hudson, Marko Winters.
- Friday, Oct. 19: Camden Church of Christ will offer chili and pimento cheese sandwiches. Auction items: Career & Technical Center, Church of Christ, Cumberland Presbyterian, TN Rehabilitation Center. Auctioneers: Matt Greer, Shawn McDowell, Randy Shannon, Carey Womack.
- Monday, Oct. 22: First United Methodist will offer homemade soup and cornbread. Auction items: Holladay School, Holladay United Methodist, Prospect Baptist. Auctioneers: Kisha Haynes, Andrew Jones, Mary Lou Marks, Trey Smith.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23: Camden General Hospital will offer chicken spaghetti. Auction items: Apex Bank, Benton County Senior Center, Briarwood School, Camden General, TN River Baptist. Auctioneers: Lisa Bell, Bill Randall Kee, Jeff Piskos, Carol Wallace.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24: Smarder’s will offer pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls. Auction items: CHS, FYI clinic, Oakdale/Stockdale Malin Funeral Homes, Rotary Club, Volunteer Homecare. Auctioneers: Shannon Dykstra, Angie Goodwin, Jessica Hamilton, Leah Rogers.
- Thursday, Oct. 25: Camden Healthcare & Rehabilitation will offer chicken and dressing. Auction items: Big Sandy CCOC, Big Sandy Church of Christ, Big Sandy School, Big Sandy Senior Center, Crossroads Missionary Baptist, Sandy Point Baptist. Auctioneers: Jerold Johnson, Brent Smith, David Thomas, Michele Wright.
- Friday, Oct. 26: Cowell’s Chapel United Methodist and Friends of United Way will offer ribeye steak sandwiches, BBQ bologna sandwiches, and chips. Auction items: All Occasions Catering, The Sweeter Side, all long-term items. Auctioneers: Steve Whitworth, Richard Wright.
The upcoming schedule is also posted at the auction site and on the United Way Facebook page.